ACTIVIST CLAIM: Foreign-funded Environmental Defence report on Carbon Tech calls it a false environmental solution.
THE FACTS: ENGOs are ignoring the science that doesn’t agree with them – they’re only interested in their own self-serving solutions. Even the federal government’s new plan relies heavily on Carbon Tech to achieve net-zero emissions.
BUYER BEWARE: Fossil Fuels Subsidies and Carbon Capture Fairy Tales in Canada
Here are some facts and sources to have a reasoned conversation about carbon tech:
- If all proposed Canadian carbon tech projects became operational, they could reduce up to 115 million tonnes of CO2, or 60% of Canada’s 2030 goal of 200 million tonnes reduced.
- According to the U.N.’s International Panel on Climate Change, carbon tech solutions will REDUCE almost as many emissions as renewables CAN reduce by the end of the century. Canada is a world leader in carbon tech which means we can CONTRIBUTE TO SUSTAINABILITY, and help out our allies.
- The International Energy Agency notes that when oil and gas are produced with carbon tech it can be net-zero or even carbon negative.
- Activist claims against carbon tech ignore the potential of carbon technology in favor of sudden energy scarcity. A well-orchestrated path to net-zero will require tangible solutions that ensure responsible energy production.
- Environmental Defence receives millions per year in foreign funding as exposed by the Deloitte investigation from the Alberta Inquiry. It’s also rich that they talk about subsidies while themselves receiving millions in funding from the Government to attack Alberta resources.
Stories that get it right:
The key word is security
To ensure more Canadian resources can make it to international markets next year and beyond, these two crucial industries need strong signals from the federal government. It will support the global movement to replace oil and natural gas supplies produced by hostile dictatorships who don’t share Canada’s high environmental and human rights standards.