his is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top anti-oil and gas stories and providing research and facts to counter misinformation about the oil and gas industry.
Canada’s Big 5 financial institutions are banking on best in the world energy production.
- Canadian banks are the best in the world at resource financing and have strong social governance to weed out irresponsible companies to make sure they are protecting the environment.
- Investing in Canadian oil and gas projects ensures that the global energy supply won’t shift to countries that are more polluting, less transparent, less sensitive to societal pressures, and less committed to emissions reductions. Divesting from best in the world Canadian oil and gas is bad for the planet.
- The world’s population will grow to 10 billion by 2050 and more energy will be needed to provide the standard of living they will want. This BMO report confirms that the Canadian oil and gas industry is the best in the world. The globe is looking to Canada for solutions for providing more energy in the future with a lower environmental impact than today.
- Many banks are also investing heavily in “green” energy as well. RBC announced this February that they are mobilizing $500 billion in the next 5 years for climate change financing.
- The oil and gas industry invests the most of any other industry in the expansion of clean technology to produce reliable energy while lowering environmental impacts. They spent $1.45 billion out of the $2 billion spent on clean technology in the 2016.
Here is a story that gets it right.
Looking at the numbers, Natural Gas sells at a massive premium in Asian markets. Canada has an advantage in being closer to the market than competitors like Australia or Qatar. However, one major burden to Canada is the lack of LNG plants up and running. Once they are up and running, it will be significantly cheaper for Canada to ship gas overseas.